Residential and Commercial Erosion Control
Licensed, Bonded and Insured Florida State Certified General Contractor
Quality You Can Trust With Service To All Of Central Florida
Erosion Control Service
Erosion Control – When erosion occurs, foundation problems are common. Erosion happens naturally and wears away at the topsoil. However, erosion can also be influenced by the presence of human activity. When erosion begins, it becomes an ongoing issue that can often lead to more damage such as foundation issues.
Fender Marine Construction is a trusted source when it comes to Florida Erosion Control. Our team of experts always recommends taking action before erosion takes a toll on your property.
There are many causes to soil erosion:
- Heavy rainfall
- Improper drainage
- Harsh climatic conditions
- Soil texture
- Slope of the land
- Improper drainage
There are also some things that can be done to prevent soil erosion:
- Plant grass and shrubs. Bare soil is easy to be swept away by wind and water. Plant cover can limit erosion by holding the soil together.
- Add mulch and/or rocks. This step will weigh down the soil and protect the seeds and young plants from getting washed away. It will also aid in absorbing water to reduce runoff.
- Build retaining walls. Eroded areas will continue to collapse because there is a need for stabilization. A retaining wall will block the soil and limit the collapse.
- Avoid soil compaction. When people or animals travel over soil, it is pressed down, compacting it into a dense layer. This creates less space between dirt particles which means water will have a hard time draining.
- Improve drainage. Gutters or pipes are necessary in order to drain water effectively out of property and into water collection systems. Without proper drainage, heavy rain could wear away a whole layer of topsoil
- Lay down fiber logs. This type of erosion control is common on steep slopes. The method uses a series of rolled up logs or “wattles” made from fibrous materials. When the water runs down the slope, it will slow down once it hits the log and in turn soak up the soil.
Call Now For a Free Estimate 407-481-2750
At Fender Marine Construction we recommend assessing any erosion repair damage before it happens to avoid extensive and expensive work. With years of experience in the marine construction service industry, we are a trusted source to call when you start seeing the need for Florida Erosion control.
Serving Locally & Statewide
New Smyrna Beach